Tuesday, July 28, 2009

19. Reunited

"CHRISTIN!"
I yelled, into the night as my true love appeared before me. She was just as beautiful as the day she left this world....the day the fire took her from me and our children.
But she was looking at me like a stranger... something was different......


It was her eyes. Replacing the soft violet pools of love and compassion was pain and hurt.
Her eyes were now filled with memories of the fire.
All I wanted to do was take her in my arms and take away all her pain.


"Sweety its me...its Boston...baby I brought you back so we could be together" I pleaded with her to trust me.
"Why" she finally spoke "why am I here?"

"Why? So we can be together again" I said.
"But I'm gone Boston, we can't take back what time has done" she softly smiled as she said this.

"I miss you Christin, I don't think I can go on another day without you." I said as tears of realization ran down my face.


"Boston!...you can...and you will go on...for me...for our children...and our grandchildren" as she said these words she took my face in her hands. "you are doing so well with our children, but they deserve more. You need to be there for them...emotionally. You need to move on my love"


"Move on? Are you serious?" I stammered.
"Boston Youngblood you are the most loving man I've ever met" she smiled again. "Yes, I'm serious. I'm in a good place. A place much kinder and more beautiful than I can even describe. And I will be there...waiting.....for you."


I couldn't resist any longer. I took her in my arms and placed a kiss on her lips that I hoped would last forever.


"I have to go" she squeezed me tightly "take good care of Carson and Constance, they are always in my heart."
The emotional lump in my throat was so large I couldn't speak. There was so much I wanted to say, I wanted to argue my side further but the words wouldn't come out.


She stepped away from me slowly and gave me one last smile. Her eyes were different now, they weren't full of pain anymore. They were full of peace and love. I wanted to be strong but I couldn't stop the flood of tears that continued to run down my face.
" I love you Christin" was all I could manage to get out.
"I love you too..." and as she said these words she floated away in the cool night breeze.
And suddenly I was filled with a warm feeling I hadn't felt since before Christin died.

I knew that my Christin was in a wonderful place and I knew that someday we would be together again.

No comments: