Monday, July 13, 2009

15. L.O.V.E.

I'm a man of few words, but when it comes to describing the feelings I have for Christin I could go on forever and ever. We have been dating since high school, through my time in medical school, and now I was ready to take it to another level.


Sitting in the living room of her parents house I was in full panic mode knowing that I had come here this evening to ask her mother and father for her hand in marriage and surprise her with a proposal.

I asked Christin's mom if she could let Mr. Fletcher know that I needed to speak to him. She had a concerned look on her face as she left to get her husband from the other room.


Mr Fletcher and I shook hands. He was an ex-military man and a little rough around the edges but we had known each other for some time and got along pretty good. I told him that I loved his daughter, was confident I could take care of her, and I wanted his blessing to marry his daughter. He seemed to be really upset and this scared me to death, but then he couldn't stifle the laughter and told me that he would be proud to have me as his son-in-law.


I almost ran to Christin.
I got down on one knee, and prayed that she would say yes. And......





She did!
Mrs Fletcher was so elated and we spent the rest of the night laughing while Christin and her mother went about planning the wedding.


The wedding party was EPIC!
My sister and brother both made it along with Christin's entire family, plus many of my friends from the hospital.
This is one of Christin's favorite photo's. She was the most beautiful bride.


This is my favorite photo because the guests were gone and I was finally alone with my one and only love, now forever known as Christin Youngblood.


The end of the party also signaled the start of our honeymoon.


The honeymoon proved to be very "productive" because a few weeks later Christin was showing all signs of being pregnant.
Another generation of Youngblood's was in the works.

No comments: